Tuesday, October 9, 2012
I saw a card like this on the internet at some point and have to give the credit to Sharon Field at www.createdbyu.blogspot.com (who is a Stampin Up Creative Coach). Check out her website for inspiration. You will love it. My card isn't exactly like hers but the style is very close.....
Paper: Stampin Up 'Whisper White', 'Old Olive', 'Real Read', Water Color Paper
Stamps: More Merry Messages and Kidoodles
Ink: Black Stazon
Chalk: Stampin Up
Embelishments: Rubber Cafe 'Red' Jellies and Stampin Up Red Polka-dot Ribbon
Adhesive: Rubber Cafe Double-sided tape and Scrap Happy Sheer Glue, Dimensionals (SU), Pop-up Dots (SU).
Misc: Paper Cutter, Big Shot, Embossing Folder 'Holly' by Sizzix,Postage Stamp Punch from Stampin Up, Blender Pen (SU).
1. Cut a card base that folds to 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" using Whisper White.
2. Cut card front to emboss 4" X 5 1/4" using Whisper White.
3. Run card front through Big Shot to emboss.
4. Adhere the card front to the card base.
5. Cut a green strip from Old Olive Cardstock measuring 5" X 1 1/2".
6. Cut a red strip from Real Read Cardstock measuring 4 7/8 X 1 5/8".
7. Adhere the red strip to the green strip.
8. Stamp the images on Water Color Paper using Stazon black ink.
9. Color the images using a blender pen (SU) and chalk.
10. Punch out the images using the Postate Stamp Punch.
11. Adhere to the red strip with double sided tape.
12. Using Pop-up Dots....adhere the decorated strip to the card. This will lift the strip a bit giving
13. Stamp the 'message' on Water-color paper with Black Stazon or any black ink.
14. Cut a piece of 'Old Olive' slightly larger than the word image.
15. Mount the verse on the green cardstock and then adhere to the card front.
16. Tie a bow and stick it to card-front with a glue dot.
So fun! Hope you will try it.....
Blessings to you.....
at 6:59 PM Posted by Lezlie S.