With October almost over I am more and more aware that I need to work on my Christmas Cards! I saw this one on the 'Heartfelt Creations' Website at http://www.heartfeltcreations.us/gallery.php?project=1595&product=2827 created by Kristina King. She is one of the very talented artists showcased in the 'gallery'. This picture is the card that I made but you can see Kristina's at the above link. My supply list is slightly varied from hers and is listed below.
Heartfelt Creations: Holiday Dove, Dove Of Peace, Snowy Winter
Paper: Stampin Up': Brushed Silver, Whisper White, Midnight Muse
Ink: Stampin Up':; Whisper White Craft Ink; Stazon: Black; Distress: Clear Embossing
Chalk: Pan Pastels
Embossing Powder: Ranger: Silver, White
Ribbon: Celebrate It (From Michaels) Silver or White.
Embellishments: Misc. Bling
Adhesive: Pop-up Dots and Double-sided Tape
Misc: Glitter Spray, Finishing Spray
Dies: Spellbinders: Christmas Cheer
1. Cut card base so that card measures 5 1/2" X 4 1/4".
2. Cut a card front to measure 5 1/4" X 4 1/8".
3. Stamp card front with the 'Snowy Winter' Stamp using clear embossing ink.
4. Sprinkle with Silver embossing powder pouring off excess.
5. Heat with heat-gun to melt powder.
6. Ink around the card with white ink and a sponge, then wrap ribbon around card front and tie a
7. Attach to card base.
8. Stamp 'nest' from the Holiday Dove stamp set with clear embossing powder onto White
9. Sprinkle with white embossing powder, pour off excess.
10. Heat with heat gun to melt powder.
11. Cut out nest with small scissors.
12. Chalk with gray to shadow.
13. Spray with Working Fixative and then Glitter Spray. Dry.
14. Attach nest to card with Pop-up Dots.
15. Stamp the 'Dove Of Peace' onto white cardstock with black Stazon ink.
16. Cut out and emboss the dove with the dove die. If you don't have the die just cut out around with
17. Shadow and highlight with gray, blue and yellow chalks.
18. Spray with Finishing Spray. This keeps the chalk from rubbing off or transfering to places you
don't want it to go!
19. Spray with Glitter Spray.
20. Attach to the card front and placing so that it looks like the dove is sitting in the nest. Here I
attached the bottom part of the dove with double sided tape since the nest was already elevated.
I attached the top part of the dove with pop-dots....since nothing was already elevated beneath.
21. To complete the card I added 'bling' here and there. In the four corners I added 'pearls'.
Also at random I added glass rounds here and there on the body of the dove.
Any questions please ask. Thanks for taking time to look at my project! It was so much fun.....
I am thinking this could look wonderful in other colors as well. Maybe light green or red? I'm just saying.....