It has been a while since I posted anything.....a few health issues but I am getting back in the swing of things now.  Certainly I am inspired by the very gifted artists I follow on the internet.....
There are blogs and other wehsites that encourage Artistic Journaling.....so I am trying to finish the journal I started over three years ago.  I know that sounds like a long time and probably is to most....but the theme of it is 'My Favorite Things'.  I have many 'favorite things' to share....and the inspiration comes when it comes.  So.....I just want to share the cover and some of the pages I have completed so far.  I have almost all of the pages at least started.....and usually projects go much faster for me than this!  I have had a mental block on this one for some reason.  I think if I blog about it maybe it will motivate me to finish it for good!  Thanks for taking time to look. 
The book is one I bought at Hobby Lobby and has a hard cover and back with a spiral binding.  I used acrylic paint on the outside, Grungeboard, Black Stazon ink, permanent black micron pen, wall paper and collaged paper.  This is collaged over the top with mat gel medium.
I used all kinds of layers on the pages inside much like the outside....just whatever I felt like using at the time.  There is alot about my faith in the pages of this book....my husband, family, dog, my youth....oh yes...and the art I love.  Also I used stencils and stamps here and there, wax oil and water crayons.....chalks and watercolors. 

Comments

Lezlie-
What a wonderful Art journal you have begun! I am new to mixed media too. Joined a ongoing monthly class last August at my local scrapbooking store. It is so relaxing and fun. These same too feelings show in your work. You do a beautiful job blending colors, textures and images. Wow! I studied the cover for several minutes taking it all in. Love how you've glued, torn and handwritten messages to add design. (Love my SharpiePens!)
I have many background pages too that now need My message- LOL! Good for you for continuing on.
So glad you have felt better and can't wait to share more of your art.
Chris/Scrappylassie

Popular posts from this blog

Tim Holtz Style - Happy Birthday Masculine

FM07 Friday Mashup